Spring

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Back and Notes on a Safarii

I realize it's been a while since I last wrote. In short, the past two weeks were extremely busy, but both the VIP event and the National Screening were huge successes. I am back in the USA and at home in Arkansas.

I wanted to post a few highlight pictures for you to see some of what I did in the past two weeks.

The pictures in this post are from Akagera National Park in Rwanda. I went with a few others from our team on a mini safari for the weekend. It was great. 

The team at Akagera with our guide:


The waterbuffalo, which we found right before they went into "hiding" for the dry season.


A nice view


Our giraffe!! He was hiding, but then we found him. I don't know how, though. We were much closer to him at times than this picture shows.


A hippo!


Das Zebras

And, finally, really ugly baboons that were all over the road toward our lodge. 

We also saw warthogs (go Hogs!), antelope, various primates, a stork, and briefly spotted a crocodile as it swam away. 

One last shot with our guide and Sam the driver.

And the view from the lodge at sunrise. Over the lake is Tanzania.


No comments:

Post a Comment