It's not easy to go to the fair with a member of the French family. We have been religiously attending state fairs for as long as I remember. And we don't just do the midway. We're into the real thing fair: rodeo, livestock auction, and, my favorite, the animal birthing center.
Aaron was a great sport and indulged my wish to see the newborn animals twice this year. Although, I'll admit I manipulated the circumstances a bit. When we went to the fair the first time it was with our good friends and their almost two year old son Mason. He mentioned something about horsies early on and I knew that was my in! Everytime he said anything the rest of the night, I interpreted it to the group as wanting to go see the animals. It was well worth the effort, although I think some of us might be permanently scarred by seeing that pig in labor.
All in all, we ate delicious food, did some serious people watching, and had a great time!
Cute pic of Mason and a baby goat.

Another of Mason and Maressa with a pony.

Finally in honor of our extremely romantic semi first date at the 2008 state fair, aaron and i indulged in some Oklahoma wine and chocolate covered strawberries.

-- Post From My iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment