Spring

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dreams

I've had some fairly disconcerting dreams over these past few months. They have been occurring less and less, but I had a vivid one this morning again. It's usually of my Dad just days before he is going to die. But in none of them does he die. It's just those few days beforehand. In my dreams we all know he is supposed to go some particular day, so they are generally focused on saying Goodbye and loving on him. But they are always heart-wrenching.

Sometimes I cherish having even these types of dreams, simply because it is sort of an interaction that we don't get to have anymore. But they can be so heartbreaking as well. I was sobbing in my dream from this morning, feeling sad to the depths of my soul even in my sub-conscious.

I have prayed for good dreams about my Dad over these past few months, essentially hoping for the Lord to let me have a real current interaction with my Dad in the dreams. I'm not sure if that's how it works, but if I've had those types of dreams, I must forget them by the morning.

The nice part of my dream last night? My Daddy looked good. He was hugging and kissing my mom, and then he gave me and my siblings a kiss as well.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet, and I'll pray for your dreams as well. Love you so stinkin' much, Liz. And so does Reese. She's drifting off to sleep herself as we speak.

    ReplyDelete