
The French family has had a bit of sad news in the past few days. Our sweet Golden Retriever, Sport, passed away yesterday. He had gotten very sick in the past month or so with cancer and lost a lot of weight, so he had to be put to sleep. Sport was a wonderful dog who was a member of the family. I had every intention of writing a sweet, meaningful blog in his honor, but just got a text from my sister saying that he was probably up in Heaven playing cards with our recently deceased cats, Tabby and Tiger, and that hopefully he would watch his back because Tabby's probably a card shark. And I lost my sweet train of thought. I'm glad for the distraction, though, because it really has been hard to lose him. He was very young and a good friend, as much as a dog can be.
Apparently to deal with our recent losses, first of Tigger, then Tabby, and now Sport, my family has taken to imagining a poker game in the nearby woods (or Heaven) where they're all kicking back, enjoying a few cold ones, and having some laughs together. Apparently, the French family's idea of pet heaven is something akin to this:
But Sport's too sweet to be cheating in that mix. Anyway, I personally do believe that all dogs go to heaven, and I'm sure Sport's up there with Luke and the cats right about now.Sport dog with his duckie enjoying a few minutes out of the rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment