Thursday afternoon after class I ran out to the car in the rain and hurriedly tried to throw my backpack in the trunk. Unfortunately, the trunk wasn't all the way open and a gust of wind caught it, blowing it smack onto my face. I didn't even know what happened at first. All I felt was a sharp jolt run through my face and jaw. It hit me on the bridge of my nose, right between the eyes as they say. It began to bleed profusely, so it was a good thing I had my emergency jacket that my dad makes me keep in the car for blizzards and the whatnot to stop the bleeding.
While still in shock, I took a picture of my face blood and all and sent it to my mom and Aaron for advice on whether to go to the doctor. Aaron lovingly described it as my "mug shot," so I won't be posting that.
I went home and tried to sleep it off for a while, and then decided on the urging of my mom to go to an Urgent Care to get it looked at. The doctor didn't stitch it for fear of a cross-ways scar, but glued my face together with a strip of gauze or tape or something. I made quite the fashion statement at school the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment