
Well, as most of you know already, we have some very exciting news! Aaron and I are engaged!
.JPG)
I finished my finals Friday morning (praise the Lord by the way), so Aaron took me out Friday evening to celebrate! I got to his house where he had a dozen red roses waiting for me. We went to eat at In The Raw (a local sushi restaurant) in Bricktown. ITR is my favorite restaurant in the tri-state area. ;)
After a great dinner, Aaron took me to the Myriad Gardens (the botanical gardens in downtown OKC) to look at the Christmas lights. They were gorgeous!
We walked further downtown to the Civic Center where there was an outdoor ice skating rink set up. We got a cup of hot chocolate and watched the skaters for a bit. They were rocking some 80s music, so of course I loved it. :)
Then came the sneaky part. I was a bit suspicious throughout the night, so needless to say I was quite disappointed when he said it was time to go home. We walked back to our car, which was parked on Main Street. Next thing I know, Aaron detours a little, turns me to face him, and asked if I remembered what special thing had happened there before. I said I did remember, a bit skeptical that he actually did. We were downtown by the Art Museum where we'd gone on our first "official" date (besides that unofficial date to the Oklahoma State Fair). On that date, after the museum, we stood outside for a while, talked, and kissed for the first time.
So back to the present, Aaron reminded me of this and then said something to the effect that now we'd have another story and new beginning there. He dropped to his knee, asked me to marry him, and the rest, as they say, is history.
It was so exciting. I was a bit astonished and caught-off guard. As a girl, you always dream about that moment and wonder what you'll feel like. You want to remember that feeling forever. To tell your kids, and grandkids, listen to how your Dad proposed. But the problem with living in the moment is retaining the details. I was so astonished, and surprised and excited, it was sort of just a sweet blur. Aaron keeps reminding me what he actually said (which was exceedingly more romantic and sweet than I can do credit by re-telling the story).
We went home, had some champagne, and called family and friends, which was so fun. My parents were thrilled, and so were his. Right before he called his mom, he said, "You ready to make Bettye Cooper cry?" In fact, she called him back the next morning to just check and make sure she didn't dream the whole thing up!
I'd give you more details, but then nobody would want to talk about it in person, and I like to talk too much to give that up.
Thanks for all the Congratulations!
Christmas lights at Myriad Gardens
I'm just glad we didn't ice skate. I'd have said yes on a broken foot.
Yes!
How great did he do!!!
Cheers!


CONGRATULATIONS ELIZABETH!!! Being married is wonderful and you are going to make a wonderful wife!!! Can't wait for the fun to begin! Love you!
ReplyDeleteNeedless to say, the Raperts believe that Aaron must be the smartest, kindest, smartest, sweetest, smartest, most wonderful, smartest person on earth to want to spend the rest of his life with the phenomenal Liz! We are so very happy for the both of you and know that you will enjoy many, many wonderful years together. You have spent many years serving individually as strong role models for others - and now to additionally serve as role models in strong marriage - how blessed are those that will cross your paths.
ReplyDeleteALL the best to Aaron and Liz! Molly, Jimmy, Jase, Luke, Jonah, Marie
OH my word...I am sitting here so teary. I mean seriously. I so second Molly's sentiments. I cannot wait to meet this sweet man who has fallen for my precious Liz. I simply cannot wait to see all God is going to do in and through you as a team. I love you tons....and CONGRATULATIONS, from the bottom of my heart!
ReplyDeletewow, great story and great pictures. Liz, I'm so happy for you and Aaron!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!! Elizabeth, you are a sweet and amazing person. I am so happy for you! Aaron, WAY TO GO!!! :) YAY!!!
ReplyDelete