Highlights of the past month or so:
1) I had a month off from school... awesome.
2) Christmas in NYC - and a blizzard.
3) Visiting my best friends in DC, along with a grueling 5 mile hike in the snow.
4) Putting the horror that was the year 2010 behind.
5) Starting my 3 month bootcamp challenge (I'm loving it)!
6) Visiting my Daddy's family in Louisiana... and eating some delicious food along the way.
7) Helping get our good friend Greg Treat elected to the Oklahoma State Senate.
8) Playing lots of Scrabble (mostly during the blizzard, but AKC and I have since purchased our own board and have suffered through several all-evening games).
9) Receiving fun Christmas presents: Pride & Prejudice Collector's edition, cool clothes, a deep-freeze loaded with meat (and a deep fryer), bubble bath, a cool book by Paulo Cohelo, and many, many other fun things!
10) Did I mention that AKC and I stayed in and went to bed around 11:00 on New Years? Also awesome.
11) Learning to bake bread!
12) Completing the whole series of LOST.
13-20) Fun stuff I can't even remember now.
Just a few Lowlights:
1) Computer crashed - harddrive destroyed - everything (including all pictures) lost.
2) Got the stomach flu/food poisoning... and so did Aaron. Yuck.
3) Did a one week fluids-only cleanse.
Clearly, the good stuff outweighs the bad! Hopefully I'll get better at updating now that I'm back to a regular school/work schedule.
Happy reading!
you're learning to bake bread? thats so exciting! im like, already a profi :) but considering benny eats up to a kilo of Brot / 24 hours, i get a LOT of practice! you should check out the books by peter reinhart (german name, american man). he's really well known and good and tells you all the science and stuff behind it. (i have the whole grain books)
ReplyDeletelove and miss you!!!
Chippers! I started baking as soon as I got back from DC because I was inspired by your and Mrs. Frank. I made one really terrible loaf, and one really beautiful whole wheat loaf. And I got a bread machine, but it has really let me down. You should send me your favorite wheat bread recipe (with English measurements!!). I looked at that book at Barnes & Noble today... I'm going to ask for it for my birthday!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
*You* and Mrs. Frank... not "your."
ReplyDeleteOh I just saw your comment now! I will send you a recipe, hopefully this weekend. I wanted to translate some for mom, too, so I can do it for both of you. I've made more from the Reinhart book and everything has been good so far, even though my Austrian baking book (the one I'll send you recipes from) is still our favorite. However, Peter's recipes are very appealing to the American palate I think, because most have some sweetner (honey), which I like sometimes but have grown unaccustomed to here. So I'd still recommend it. The only one of his that was a bit disappointing were the cinnamon buns- they were good, but no cinnamon buns (not gooey enough).
ReplyDeleteYou should book a trip to DC in May :)