Spring

Friday, October 22, 2010

Spider Warfare

Yesterday, while preparing our guest bedroom for my Mom's visit, I was quite surprised to find several HUGE spiders and other disgusting creepy crawlies blatantly masquerading as my home guests. After screaming once (or twice, or for hours), I flushed a spider, collected a couple of the mini bug things for my mom's observation (so that I can more effectively destroy them in short-order) and closed off the bedroom from the rest of the house, running scared to my bedroom where I hid out until I could leave a few hours later. I realize this may not be the most effective mechanism of cleaning up for a guest, however, I thought I'd first try this "will them to disappear" method.

When I realized that didn't work this morning, I put on my brave face (i.e. a face mask and clothing that covered every inch of my body) and busted out the vacuum cleaner. I vacuumed the room, the window, and even the bed. That's right, I vacuumed the bed. Not being satisfied with the potential efficacy of this method, I decided to bring out the big guns; the Ortho Max spray gun to be precise. I sprayed the crap out of every inch of my home (ok, not every inch, but enough that I probably should leave the house and let it ventilate for a while). I am taking immense satisfaction in knowing that bugs could be dying at this very moment. Perverse? Perhaps. But joyful nonetheless.

If you have a problem with my spider warfare, please let me know. I'd be happy to bottle them all up and send them to your home. Ok, we all know that's a bluff. There's no way I'm getting near enough to them to put them in a bottle.

Have a happy day and don't let the bed bugs bite!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! I was cracking up reading it! It reminded me of the time I found a small mouse in our pantry when we lived in our apartment in Fayetteville. Instead of trying to catch it or get rid of it, I screamed, shut the pantry door, then put a towel under the door with boards on top so there was no way the mouse could get out.... haha But it could stay in there and eat all our food. So ridiculous! Anyways, loved the post, miss you tons :)

    ReplyDelete