Spring

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 7

I am obsessed with this new gardening project. There are sprouts coming up on everything except the peppers now. I sit in front of this little plot and inspect every bit of it. Aaron's always asking me if something new has sprouted since I looked at it 5 minutes before. Snarky boy.

The tomatoes coming up!

Check out the salad mix... it's growing like crazy. Unfortunately, I do not know what sprout is what plant. There are a couple of red sprouts at the back that I am excited about eating!

Another view of the growing half of the plot (the peppers are to the left and not sprouted through yet)... some of the herbs on the far right are slowly making an appearance, but they are teeny-tiny little plants.
The cellophane wrap is serving as my "greenhouse." You're only supposed to keep them covered until they have sprouted, so I keep having to re-position the wrap.

The herbs over the sink do not appear to be working as well... I'm afraid I planted those seeds a little too deep. However, the Basil is starting to make its appearance (and let's be honest, that's the only one I really care about).

I'm thinking I may need to transplant the salad mix to a bigger container soon. Those suckers are growing so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment