Well, I did it. I proved my accident prone nature today. I had just a bad feeling today when I got on a moto this morning at around 8:30am. I had one take me to the Genocide Memorial Center across town where we had a 9 am meeting. He was driving super fast and weaving in and out and scaring the crap out of me the whole trip. So I was pretty amazed I got there alive anyway.
But of course, being me, I just had to go and hurt myself. I got off that moto and my leg brushed against the tailpipe, and burned the (bad word) out of my leg. It peeled off skin and it burned a space the size of my fist on my calf. So of course I was flipping out to my driver who couldn't speak a lick of English, and attracting quite the crowd. In the meantime, during my spaz attack, the helmet got knocked out of my hands and down the next hill. Ha... driver had it coming to him. Just kidding that's terrible. Anyway, then he tried to treat my wound with the gasoline from my tank. I eventually just threw my fare and ran away.
Finally, I went to the emergency room at the hospital and got it cleaned up. It's probably a first degree burn, according to my emergency room care doctor. So yeah, I'll survive, I suppose.
Though I knew it wasn't terribly bad, I still called my mom at 4am her time, when, of course, my phone ran out of time. So yeah, the parents were probably scared silly this morning.
Also, I called my insurance's international help desk and probably the best moment I had today was when I realized the girl who answered was an American and could understand me. Marla in Virginia - you were my saving grace today.
Ok, no more motos, ever.
Somebody See Me
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment