Consider yourself warned, at the bottom of this post I have uploaded a pic of my leg.. I've tried to choose the least disgusting. Good news though, I went to another clinic today to have it looked at and they dressed the wound in a way that can stay on for three whole days... Praise the Lord! It was so gross, my poor roommates could hardly look at me, and the doctors at the hospital told me to keep it open. I'm not sure who's right, but I'm going with the less disgusting option.
I realize this picture may seem random, but I fought for almost a full week to retrieve some cargo we had shipped from the airport. It has got to have been the most ridiculous system ever, and it was all in my very terrible francais. But this is when I finally succeed. This is my piece de resistance, if you will.
The futbol pitch at the Amahore Stadium in Kigali. They were having charity futbol matches between the Armed Forces of neighboring East African countries. I believe Rwanda beat Burundi in this game. BTW, is futbol "pitch" the right terminology?
So here it is. I know it doesn't look that bad, but this was seconds after it happened. There's literally just a hole of skin gone. It's way worse now. I guess it has to get worse before it gets better, or something like that. But for those of you who know me, you know I'm kind of a pro at burns. My housemates here in Kigali have decided not to let me light the gas stove... something about "clumsy" "spastic", etc... I have no idea what they're talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment