Clearly, a regular taxi is going to be your safest bet. But seriously, they cost like $10 American dollars to go anywhere! And, honestly, I can't even figure out which cars are cabs.
The other option is the moto bike where you essentially get onto the back of somebody's little dirt bike, and hang on tight. Now I've been warned against this style of transportation by Americans, for safety and lice concerns (you wear a used helmet), but it's really the most accesible transportation around here. The same distance only costs around $1.50.
So I just got out of bed this morning (after I slept 13 straight hours... I'm kind of mortified), had to hike up this huge hill from my house to where taxis are supposed to be, and then I coul
dn't figure out where one was. So, because I needed to get to the airport for a meeting and to use the internet, I swallowed my fear and jumped on to the nearest moto, praying the whole time.
It was kind of exhilarating, living on the edge and all.
I made it safely to the airport, and now only fear the wrath of my mom when she finds out.
Blessings to all. I'm having a great time so far in my first 24 hours.
**UPDATE - Pictures**
Me on the Moto (complete with scarf)
No comments:
Post a Comment