I have always wanted to blog, to have a release for some of my thoughts. Unfortunately, my career recently has prevented online candor (or I at least prevented it myself, being in the world of press and slightly more paranoid as a result). As I believe the phrase "The First Day of the Rest of My Life" is thrown about a little too freely, I decided to wait a day and go with "The Second Day..." To mark this momentous occasion, I thought I would finally start my blog.
I have spent the last three years in a job that has stretched me in every way imaginable. I do not want to dwell too much on the past in these writings, so I will just say that it was a life experience that will shape me forever, I’m sure. But, life feels a little different today, I have a slightly altered view of the world.
Today is the first (second) day in three years that I have not been able to reach for my blackberry to shoot a quick email, to find a quick reference for the date and time, and to convince myself that I am so important that everyone needs to be able to reach me at any time, immediately. I have been having serious withdrawals. Today the addiction ends. But the phantom blackberry vibrations have not.
Today, I have no schedule, no calender to follow. What on earth will I do? Up to bat, go to the neighbor's pool. On deck, take a nap.
Today is also the first day in a while that I can start speaking (or at least writing) 100% for myself. What I will write, I'm not quite sure yet. But I do know about my life, and if my past is any indication, it will be exciting, unexpected, dramatic, and every so often, excruciatingly dull.
So stay tuned, prepare yourself for the unexpected, and check back often. This is "a french vue."
No comments:
Post a Comment